Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is the number one cause of death in the United States and type 2 diabetes (T2D) and obesity lead to cardiovascular disease. Obese adults are more susceptible to CVD compared to their non-obese counterparts. Exercise training leads to large reductions in the risk of CVD and T2D.
Download count: 0
- Health Sciences
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Flow-mediated dilation
- High-intensity Interval Training
- Interval training--Physiological aspects.
- Interval training
- Exercise--Physiological aspects.
- Overweight persons--Health and hygiene.
- Overweight persons
- Cardiovascular system--Diseases.
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2013Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 113-141)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Exercise and wellness