Constraint relaxation by definition means that certain security, operational, or financial constraints are allowed to be violated in the energy market model for a predetermined penalty price. System operators utilize this mechanism in an effort to impose a price-cap on shadow prices throughout the market. In addition, constraint relaxations can serve as corrective approximations that help in reducing the occurrence of infeasible or extreme solutions in the day-ahead markets. This work aims to capture the impact constraint relaxations have on system operational security.
Download count: 0
- Electrical Engineering
- Constraint Relaxations
- Dynamic analysis
- operational security
- power systems operations
- power system studies
- static analysis
- Demand-side management (Electric utilities)
- Theory of constraints (Management)
- Electric power systems--Security measures.
- Electric power systems
- Electric utilities--Management.
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2016Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 123-130)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Engineering