Vehicle type choice is a significant determinant of fuel consumption and energy sustainability; larger, heavier vehicles consume more fuel, and expel twice as many pollutants, than their smaller, lighter counterparts. Over the course of the past few decades, vehicle type choice has seen a vast shift, due to many households making more trips in larger vehicles with lower fuel economy.
Download count: 0
- Civil Engineering
- Vehicle Miles Traveled
- Vehicle Type Choice
- Automobiles--United States--Fuel consumption--Forecasting.
- Trip generation--United States--Forecasting.
- Trip generation
- Automobiles--Motors--Exhaust gas--Environmental aspects--United States.
- Choice of transportation--Environmental aspects--United States.
- Choice of transportation
- Consumers' preferences--Environmental aspects--United States.
- Consumers' preferences
- Partial requirement for: M.S., Arizona State University, 2013Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 54-62)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Civil engineering