Today's competitive markets force companies to constantly engage in the complex task of managing their demand. In make-to-order manufacturing or service systems, the demand of a product is shaped by price and lead times, where high price and lead time quotes ensure profitability for supplier, but discourage the customers from placing orders. Low price and lead times, on the other hand, generally result in high demand, but do not necessarily ensure profitability. The price and lead time quotation problem considers the trade-off between offering high and low prices and lead times.
Download count: 0
- dynamic pricing
- lead time quotation
- make to order
- Markov Decision Processes
- Supply Chain Management
- Production scheduling--Management.
- Production scheduling
- Production planning--Management.
- Production Planning
- Business logistics--Management.
- Business logistics
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2012Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 131-137)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Industrial engineering