Background. Effects of lifestyle interventions on early biomarkers of oxidative stress and CVD risk in youth with prediabetes are unknown. Objective. To evaluate the effects of a lifestyle intervention to prevent type 2 diabetes among obese prediabetic Latino adolescents on oxidized lipoproteins.
Download count: 0
- Health Sciences
- Oxidative Stress
- Pediatric obesity
- Prediabetic state
- Biochemical markers
- Diabetes in adolescence--Prevention.
- Diabetes in adolescence
- Hispanic American youth--Health and hygiene.
- Hispanic American youth
- Overweight teenagers--Health and hygiene.
- Overweight teenagers
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2017Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 101-140)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Exercise and nutritional sciences