This work presents research on practices in the day-ahead electric energy market, including replication practices and reliability coordinators used by some market operators to demonstrate the impact these practices have on market outcomes. The practice of constraint relaxations similar to those an Independent System Operator (ISO) might perform in day-ahead market models is implemented. The benefits of these practices are well understood by the industry; however, the implications these practices have on market outcomes and system security have not been thoroughly investigated.
Download count: 0
- Electrical Engineering
- Constraint Relaxations
- Electricity Markets
- Energy Markets
- Operations Research
- Out-of-Market Corrections
- Power Systems
- Theory of constraints (Management)
- Electric power systems--Reliability.
- Electric power systems--Security measures.
- Electric power systems
- Electric utilities--Management.
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2016Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 106-112)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Electrical engineering