Despite high levels of academic achievement as a group (Ryan & Bauman, 2016), Asian American students face many challenges, including academic stress (Flatt, 2013; Liu, 2002) and depression (Aczon-Armstrong, Inouye, & Reyes-Salvail, 2013; Wang & Sheikh-Khalil, 2014).
Download count: 0
- Counseling psychology
- Academic Self-Efficacy
- Academic Stress
- Independent Self-Construal
- model minority myth
- Parental expectations for academic achievement
- Stress (Psychology)
- Asian American college students--Psychology.
- Asian American college students
- Academic achievement--Psychological aspects.
- Academic Achievement
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2019Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 74-89)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Counseling psychology