To foster both external and internal accountability, universities seek more effective models for student learning outcomes assessment (SLOA). Meaningful and authentic measurement of program-level student learning outcomes requires engagement with an institution’s faculty members, especially to gather student performance assessment data using common scoring instruments, or rubrics, across a university’s many colleges and programs. Too often, however, institutions rely on faculty engagement for SLOA initiatives like this without providing necessary support, communication, and training.
Download count: 0
- Higher Education Administration
- Educational tests & measurements
- Educational evaluation
- Student learning outcomes
- College teachers--In-service training.
- College teachers
- Educational tests and measurements--Evaluation.
- Educational tests and measurements--Study and teaching (Higher)
- Educational tests and measurements
- Partial requirement for: Ed.D., Arizona State University, 2018Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 131-145)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Leadership and innovation