With high potential for automobiles to cause air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions, there is concern that automobiles accessing or egressing public transportation may cause emissions similar to regular automobile use. Due to limited literature and research that evaluates and discusses environmental impacts from first and last mile portions of transit trips, there is a lack of understanding on this topic. This research aims to comprehensively evaluate the life cycle impacts of first and last mile trips on multimodal transit.
Download count: 0
- Civil Engineering
- first last mile
- Greenhouse gases
- life cycle assessment
- Los Angeles
- public transportation
- Urban transportation--Environmental aspects--California--Los Angeles.
- Urban transportation
- Local transit--Environmental aspects--California--Los Angeles.
- Local transit
- Trip generation--California--Los Angeles.
- Trip generation
- Partial requirement for: M.S., Arizona State University, 2016Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 66-70)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Civil engineering