Preschool teachers have the opportunity to facilitate children's play with a variety of classroom activities. Preschool activities can be categorized as masculine, feminine, and gender-neutral based on children's preferences. Understanding how and why teachers facilitate children's play with feminine, masculine, and gender-neutral activities is important because children's engagement in gender typed activities has been linked to cognitive development.
Download count: 0
- Early Childhood Education
- Gender Studies
- Teacher Education
- gender typed activities
- teaching practices
- Sex differences in education
- Play--Sex differences.
- Preschool teaching--Psychological aspects.
- Preschool teaching
- Group facilitation--Sex differences.
- Group facilitation
- Partial requirement for: M.S., Arizona State University, 2014Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p
- Field of study: Family and human development