This thesis concerns the flashover issue of the substation insulators operating in a polluted environment. The outdoor insulation equipment used in the power delivery infrastructure encounter different types of pollutants due to varied environmental conditions. Various methods have been developed by manufacturers and researchers to mitigate the flashover problem. The application of Room Temperature Vulcanized (RTV) silicone rubber is one such favorable method as it can be applied over the already installed units.
Download count: 0
- Electrical Engineering
- Flashover of Porcelain Insulators
- High Voltage Engineering
- Hydrophobicity of Silicone Rubber Coating
- Outdoor Insulation
- porcelain insulators
- Room Temperature Vulcanized Silicone Rubber
- Silicone rubber
- Electric insulators and insulation--Contamination.
- Electric insulators and insulation--Porcelain.
- Partial requirement for: M.S., Arizona State University, 2013Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 75-77)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Electrical engineering