This action research study, set in a community college in the southwestern United States, was designed to investigate the effects of implementing cooperative learning strategies in a developmental mathematics course. Introductory algebra was formerly taught in a lecture based format, and as such regularly had a low course completion rate. To create a more engaging learning environment, formal and informal cooperative learning activities were integrated into the curriculum.
Download count: 0
- Education (Higher)
- Mathematics Education
- Adult Education
- community college
- Cooperative learning
- Developmental education
- Group work in education
- Algebra--Study and teaching (Higher)
- Mathematics--Remedial teaching.
- Mathematics--Study and teaching (Higher)
- Community college students--Attitudes.
- Community college students
- Partial requirement for: Ed. D., Arizona State University, 2013Note typethesis
- includes bibliographical references (p. 56-60)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Leadership and innovation