This study investigated the effects of different types of play-embedded instruction on preschoolers' vocabulary learning during a vocabulary intervention known as Say-Tell-Do-Play (STDP). The goal of this study was to determine whether or not two types of play - Story Drama and a Vocabulary Matching Game - enhanced the effectiveness of the STDP strategy. To investigate this goal, the researcher implemented the STDP instructional routine for 17 children with three different picture books and their corresponding play activities and a control condition (Drawing) in a counterbalanced order.
Download count: 0
- Early Childhood Education
- English as a Second Language
- Instructional Strategy
- Vocabulary Learning
- Vocabulary--Study and teaching (Preschool)
- Vocabulary--Study and teaching (Preschool)--Activity programs.
- English language--Study and teaching (Preschool)--Foreign speakers.
- English language
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2012Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 95-104)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Curriculum and instruction