The San Andreas Fault (SAF) is the primary structure within a system of faults accommodating motion between the North American and Pacific plates. Physical models of faulting and characterizations of seismic hazard are informed by investigations of paleoseismology, slip distribution, and slip rate. The impact of earthquakes on people is due in large part to social vulnerability.
Download count: 0
- environmental justice
- San Andreas Fault
- Social Vulnerability
- Urban geography
- Social Justice
- Earthquake hazard analysis--California--Los Angeles.
- Earthquake hazard analysis
- Earthquakes--Social aspects--California--Los Angeles.
- Paleoseismology--California--Los Angeles.
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2011Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical referencesNote typebibliography
- Field of study: Geological sciences