ABSTRACT In this study, I used a qualitative approach to explore the music teacher role identities of six beginning music teachers prior to, during, and after their student teaching experience. Data collection included participant-observation, interviews, and e-mail communication. Specifically, I looked at what each of these beginning music teachers discussed when describing themselves in the role of music teacher. These participants' music teacher role identities appeared to focus on four main components, while also remaining unique from one another.
Download count: 0
- Music Education
- Teacher Education
- role identity
- Music teachers--Case studies.
- Music teachers
- Student teachers--Case studies.
- Student teachers
- Role expectation--Case studies.
- Role expectation
- Identity (Psychology)--Case studies.
- Identity (Psychology)
- Professional socialization--Case studies.
- Professional socialization
- Partial requirement for: D.M.A., Arizona State University, 2010Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 202-205)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Music education