Sparked by the Virginia Tech Shooting of 2007 and the resultant changes to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, a review was conducted of FERPA's impact on university policies regarding student privacy and safety. A single, private university's policies were reviewed and a survey was distributed to 500 campus employees who had recently completed the university's FERPA training to determine if the university's current training was effective in training employees to understand FERPA's health and safety exceptions clause.
Download count: 0
- Education (Higher)
- Education Policy
- College student records--Access control--United States.
- College student records
- Privacy, Right of--United States.
- Universities and colleges--Security measures--United States.
- Universities and colleges--Employees--Training of--United States.
- Universities and colleges
- Partial requirement for: M.S. Tech, Arizona State University, 2010Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 61-63)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Technology (Environmental technology management)