ABSTRACT The integration of technology into content area teaching while taking into account state standards is a continuing challenge for secondary teachers. To address this challenge, six high school teachers participated in one-on-one tutoring sessions conducted by the researcher. The Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK), which posits that teachers add technology into their practice by blending it with content and pedagogy, served as the theoretical framework and guided implementation of the project.
Download count: 0
- Education, Technology
- instructional design
- Community Of Practice
- One-on-one Tutoring
- Teacher Proficiency Self Assessment
- Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge
- Educational technology--Study and teaching--Arizona--Phoenix--Case studies.
- Educational technology
- High school teachers--In-service training--Arizona--Phoenix--Case studies.
- High school teachers
- Tutors and tutoring--Arizona--Phoenix--Case studies.
- Tutors and tutoring
- Self-efficacy--Arizona--Phoenix--Case studies.
- Communities of practice--Arizona--Phoenix--Case studies.
- Communities of practice
- Partial requirement for: Ed. D., Arizona State University, 2011Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 55-56)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Leadership and innovation (Policy and administration)