A Garden of Roses For Wind Ensemble
A Garden of Roses is a composition for wind ensemble written between October 2022 and March 2023 during a residency with the Arizona State University Wind Ensemble. The piece was inspired by a narrative of grief and acceptance abstracted from Antoine de Saint-Exupéry’s children’s story The Little Prince, and explores the relationship between auditory perception and expectation, influenced by David Huron’s Sweet Anticipation: Music and the Psychology of Expectation. The piece is approximately 9 minutes in duration.
- Author (aut): Castillo, Alicia
- Thesis advisor (ths): Bolanos, Gabriel
- Committee member: Navarro, Fernanda
- Committee member: Shea, Nicholas
- Publisher (pbl): Arizona State University