This dissertation develops advanced controls for distributed energy systems and evaluates performance on technical and economic benefits. Microgrids and thermal systems are of primary focus with applications shown for residential, commercial, and military applications that have differing equipment, rate structures, and objectives. Controls development for residential energy heating and cooling systems implement adaptive precooling strategies and thermal energy storage, with comparisons made of each approach separately and then together with precooling and thermal energy storage.
Download count: 0
- Alternative Energy
- Systems science
- Distributed Energy Resources
- Predictive control
- Distributed resources (Electric utilities)--United States.
- Distributed resources (Electric utilities)
- Microgrids (Smart power grids)--United States.
- Microgrids (Smart power grids)
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2019Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 165-186)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Engineering