Proponents of cues-filtered-out approaches to communication suggest that the quality of person-to-person interaction is diminished when that interaction is mediated by technology. This postulation has implications for communication given the surging popularity of text messaging in the United States. It is important to examine the degree to which text messaging may inhibit successful communication due to the detriments of technologically mediated communication.
Download count: 0
- technical communication
- Relationship Satisfaction
- Interpersonal communication
- Interpersonal relations
- Text messaging (Cell phone systems)--Psychological aspects.
- Text messaging (Cell phone systems)
- Cell phones--Psychological aspects.
- Cell Phones
- Partial requirement for: M.C., Arizona State University, 2016Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 32-35)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Counseling