In the fifteen years between the discovery of fetal alcohol syndrome (FAS) in 1973 and the passage of alcohol beverage warning labels in 1988, FAS transformed from a medical diagnosis between practitioner and pregnant women to a broader societal risk imbued with political and cultural meaning.
Download count: 0
- Science history
- public health
- public policy
- alcohol policy
- fetal alcohol syndrome
- regulatory science
- Fetal alcohol spectrum disorders--Social aspects--United States.
- Fetal alcohol spectrum disorders
- Warning labels--United States.
- Warning labels
- Consumer protection--Law and legislation--United States.
- Alcoholism--United States.
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2016Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 182-209)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Biology