The deposition of airborne dust, especially in desert conditions, is very problematic as it leads to significant loss of power of photovoltaic (PV) modules on a daily basis during the dry period. As such, PV testing laboratories around the world have been trying to set up soil deposition stations to artificially deposit soil layers and to simulate outdoor soiling conditions in an accelerated manner. This thesis is a part of a twin thesis. The first thesis, authored by Shanmukha Mantha, is associated with the designing of an artificial soiling station.
Download count: 0
- Soil Sciences
- Alternative Energy
- Current Voltage Characterizations
- PV degradation
- Soil Characterization
- Soiling Station
- Solar Photovoltaic
- Dust control
- Photovoltaic power generation--Environmental aspects.
- Photovoltaic power generation
- Photovoltaic cells--Reliability.
- Photovoltaic Cells
- Partial requirement for: M.S., Arizona State University, 2016Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 68-69)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Engineering