Women are exposed to numerous endogenous and exogenous hormones across the lifespan. In the last several decades, the prescription of novel hormonal contraceptives and hormone therapies (HTs) have resulted in aging women that have a unique hormone exposure history; little is known about the impact of these hormone exposures on short- and long- term brain health.
Download count: 0
- Behavioral Sciences
- Animal behavior
- Hormonal Contraceptive
- Hormone Therapy
- spatial memory
- Estrogen--Side effects.
- Oral contraceptives--Side effects.
- Cognition disorders--Endocrine aspects.
- Cognition disorders
- Women--Health and hygiene.
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2015Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 147-166)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Psychology