Scholars have written much about home and meaning, yet they have said little about the professionally furnished model home viewed as a cultural artifact. Nor is there literature addressing how the home building industry uses these spaces to promote images of family life to increase sales. This research notes that not only do the structure, design, and layout of the model home formulate cultural identity but also the furnishings and materials within.
Download count: 0
- cultural artifact
- home building
- model homes
- Ranch houses
- Model houses--Arizona--Phoenix--History--20th century.
- Model houses
- House construction--Arizona--Phoenix--History--20th century.
- House construction
- Contractors--Arizona--Phoenix--History--20th century.
- Partial requirement for: M.S.D., Arizona State University, 2013Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 81-86)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Design