Growers and the USDA showed increasing favor for agricultural chemicals over cultural and biological forms of pest control through the first half of the twentieth century. With the introduction of DDT and other synthetic chemicals to commercial markets in the post-World War II era, pesticides became entrenched as the primary form of pest control in the industrial agriculture production system.
Download count: 0
- Environmental Studies
- Environmental law
- social movements
- United Farm Workers
- Pesticides--Environmental aspects--United States--History.
- Pesticides--Health aspects--United States--History.
- Pesticides--Government policy--United States--History.
- Environmental health--United States--Citizen participation--History.
- Environmental health
- Environmentalism--United States--History.
- Agricultural laborers--Political activity--United States--History.
- Agricultural laborers
- Coalitions--United States--History.
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2011Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 350-377)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: History