One of the ideals underpinning public education in the United has been that of educating young people to become engaged democratic citizens. Civics courses have been the main, and sometimes only, sign of public schools attending to their civic mission. An opportunity to offer citizenship education through the experience of democratic governance manifests itself through the implementation of school participatory budgeting. Though promising, the use of school participatory budgeting in the United States is relatively new.
Download count: 0
- Public Administration
- Political Science
- civic learning
- Informal Learning
- Participatory Budgeting
- Student Voice
- School budgets--United States--Planning.
- School budgets
- Teacher participation in administration--United States.
- Student participation in administration--United States.
- Student participation in administration
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2018Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 243-259)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Curriculum and instruction