Belonging to a tribe or American Indian Indigenous group in the United States, even if one has already been enrolled or accepted into the community, is a lifelong endeavor. Belonging may be achieved by meeting specific criteria during one life stage yet one must continue to behave and act in ways that align with community expectations to maintain a sense of belonging throughout all life stages.
Download count: 0
- Educational Psychology
- Native American Studies
- American Indians
- Native American . .
- Pima Indians--Gila River Indian Community of the Gila River Indian Reservation, Arizona--Ethnic identity.
- Pima Indians
- Indian college graduates--Gila River Indian Community of the Gila River Indian Reservation, Arizona--Psychology.
- Indian college graduates
- Belonging (Social psychology)--Gila River Indian Community of the Gila River Indian Reservation, Arizona.
- Belonging (Social psychology)
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2018Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 190-197)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Educational psychology