With Common Core State Standards (CCSS), all students are held to the same high expectations, including students learning English and other learners who may have academic difficulties. Many students learning English have trouble writing and need effective writing strategies to meet the demands the standards present.
Download count: 0
- English as a Second Language
- Education, Elementary
- Language arts
- Elementary Students
- opinion writing
- Self-Regulated Strategy Development
- Struggling Writers
- students learning English
- Writing instruction
- Self-control in children
- English language--Study and teaching (Elementary)--United States--Foreign speakers.
- English language
- English language--Composition and exercises--Study and teaching (Elementary)--United States.
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2018Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical referencesNote typebibliography
- Field of study: Learning, literacies and technologies