Scholars have identified the mass media plays a crucial role in the dissemination of terror messages. Since the attacks of September 11th, 2001, much attention has been paid to terrorism in the global television landscape. More recently, the discourse surrounding acts of terror has changed, in part due to the people behind the attacks. This study seeks to understand how global television news broadcasts frame acts of terror based on two current threats: the individual terrorist (the Lone Wolf) and the organized group (the Islamic State).
Download count: 0
- Broadcast News
- Mass Media
- Television broadcasting of news
- Television broadcasting of news--United States.
- Terrorism--Press coverage--United States.
- Terrorism--Press coverage.
- Terrorists--Press coverage--United States.
- Terrorists--Press coverage.
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2018Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 214-225)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Journalism and mass communication