High school students with high-incidence disabilities and struggling writers face considerable challenges when taking high-stakes writing assessments designed to examine their suitability for entrance to college. I examined the effectiveness of a writing intervention for improving these students’ performance on a popular college entrance exam, the writing assessment for the ACT.
Download count: 0
- Special Education
- Education, Secondary
- College Entrance Exam
- High School Students
- Learning Disabilities
- Self-Regulated Strategy Development
- Struggling Writers
- Writing intervention
- English language--Composition and exercises--Study and teaching (Secondary)--United States.
- Learning disabled teenagers--Education (Secondary)--United States.
- Learning disabled teenagers
- College preparation programs--United States.
- College preparation programs
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2017Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical referencesNote typebibliography
- Field of study: Learning, literacies and technologies