The primary objective of this research project is to expand the clarinet repertoire with the addition of four new pieces. Each of these new pieces use contemporary clarinet techniques, including electronics, prerecorded sounds, multiphonics, circular breathing, multiple articulation, demi-clarinet, and the clari-flute. The repertoire composed includes Grant Jahn’s Duo for Two Clarinets, Reggie Berg’s Funkalicious for Clarinet and Piano, Rusty Banks’ Star Juice for Clarinet and Fixed Media, and Chris Malloy’s A Celestial Breath for Clarinet and Electronics. In addition to the musical commissions, this project also includes interviews with the composers indicating how they wrote these works and what their influences were, along with any information pertinent to the performer, professional recordings of each piece, as well as performance notes and suggestions.
Included in this item (7)
- A recording project featuring four newly commissioned pieces for clarinet
- Fine Arts
- performing arts
- Clarinet music (Clarinets (2))--Analysis, appreciation.
- Clarinet music (Clarinets (2))
- Clarinet and piano music--Analysis, appreciation.
- Clarinet and piano music
- Clarinet and electronic music--Analysis, appreciation.
- Clarinet and electronic music