This dissertation consists of two essays that deal with the development of open developing economies. These economies have experienced drastic divergence in terms of economic growth from the 1970s through the 2010s. One important feature of those countries that have lagged behind is their failure to build up their domestic innovation capacity.
Download count: 0
- Foreign Direct Investment
- Middle income trap
- Technology Adoption
- Business enterprises, Foreign--Developing countries.
- Business enterprises, Foreign
- Technological innovations--Developing countries.
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2015Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 76)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Economics