Residents of the United States increasingly support organic and local food systems. New Social Movement theorists have described alternative agriculture as a social movement that transcends social class. Other scholars have critiqued alternative agriculture for catering to a middle-class, white public. Simultaneously, geographers have identified communities across the United States that struggle with reduced access to healthy fruits and vegetables.
Download count: 0
- environmental justice
- Environmental Studies
- Environmental sciences
- Food Desert
- food justice
- Urban Agricultre
- Agriculture, Cooperative--Moral and ethical aspects--Arizona--Phoenix.
- Agriculture, Cooperative
- Community gardens--Moral and ethical aspects--Arizona--Phoenix.
- Community Gardens
- Food habits--Moral and ethical aspects--Arizona--Phoenix.
- Food habits
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2015Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 249-266)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Anthropology