ABSTRACT As a response to the banning of Ethnic Studies in the Tucson Unified School district and other oppressing forces within the movement the students fighting HB 2281 created a Sacred Xicana Space. In this thesis I will examine the role that protest art has in the fight against HB2281. I will also analyze its role in cultural expression, identity and representation. The research question guiding this research is What role does protest art have in social justice?
Download count: 0
- Social Sciences Education
- Hispanic American Studies
- Chicana Activism
- Human Rights
- Mexican American Studies
- Protest Art
- Social Justice
- Feminism and the arts
- Politics in art
- Social problems in art
- Feminism--Political aspects.
- Mexican American women artists--Political activity--Arizona.
- Mexican American women artists
- Mexican American art--Arizona--21st century.
- Mexican American art
- Mexican American arts--21st century--Themes, motives.
- Mexican American arts
- Mexican Americans--Study and teaching--Law and legislation--Arizona.
- Mexican Americans
- Partial requirement for: M.A., Arizona State University, 2014Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 53-55)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Social justice and human rights