In this mixed-methods study, I examined the relationship between professional development based on the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics and teacher knowledge, classroom practice, and student learning. Participants were randomly assigned to experimental and control groups. The 50-hour professional development treatment was administered to the treatment group during one semester, and then a follow-up replication treatment was administered to the control group during the subsequent semester.
Download count: 0
- Mathematics Education
- Teacher Education
- Educational leadership
- common core
- Mathematical Knowledge for Teaching
- Professional Development
- Common Core State Standards (Education)--Evaluation.
- Common Core State Standards (Education)
- Mathematics--Study and teaching--Evaluation.
- Teachers--In-service training--Evaluation.
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2013Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 161-168)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Curriculum and instruction