Growth of the Phoenix metropolitan area led to exposures of the internal bedrock structure of surrounding semi-arid mountain ranges as housing platforms or road cuts. Such exposures in the Sonoran and Mojave deserts reveal the presence of sedimentary calcium carbonate infilling the pre-existing fracture matrix of the bedrock.
Download count: 0
- arid geomorphology
- carbon cycle
- Carbon Sequestration
- Radiocarbon dating
- strontium isotopes
- Geological carbon sequestration--Arizona--Phoenix Metropolitan Area.
- Geological carbon sequestration
- Shields (Geology)--Arizona--Phoenix Metropolitan Area.
- Shields (Geology)
- Desert ecology--Arizona--Phoenix Metropolitan Area.
- Desert ecology
- Partial requirement for: M.A., Arizona State University, 2013Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 50-58)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Geography