This study is of professional development of secondary teachers seeking an English as Second Language (ESL) endorsement. Participants are secondary teachers of a major urban metropolitan school district with over 70% student population that is identified as speakers of a language other than English (LOTE). The study analyzes teachers' understanding of knowledge, skills and dispositions associated with teaching English Learners (ELs) after these teachers have completed a long term, coherent professional development program designed for urban secondary teachers of one school district.
Download count: 0
- Teacher Education
- English as a Second Language
- cultural relevant teaching
- English Learners
- multicultural teacher education
- Professional Development
- Multicultural education
- High school teachers--In-service training.
- Limited English-proficient students--Education.
- Limited English-proficient students
- English language--Study and teaching--Foreign speakers.
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2012Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 127-137)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Curriculum and instruction