This dissertation is guided by the following questions: How do People of Color define and experience White people as "authentic" allies? What does a White ally look like to People of Color? How do White allies view themselves as "authentic" White allies? What experiences lead White people to anti-racism and anti-racist praxis? How do White people translate what they know about racism into an active and courageous anti-racist praxis in their own lives?
Download count: 0
- Multicultural education
- Education (Higher)
- curriculum development
- Anti-racist praxis
- White Allies
- Social work education--Curricula.
- Anti-racism--Study and teaching (Higher)
- Whites--Education (Higher)--United States.
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2012Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 204-214)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Curriculum and instruction