The spectacular geological panoramas of Grand Canyon National Park (GCNP) motivate the curiosity of visitors about geology. However, there is little research on how well these visitors understand the basic geologic principles on display in the Canyon walls. The new Trail of Time (ToT) interpretative exhibit along the South Rim uses Grand Canyon vistas to teach these principles. Now being visited by thousands daily, the ToT is a uniquely valuable setting for research on informal learning of geologic time and other basic geologic concepts.
Download count: 0
- General Education
- Geology--Arizona--Grand Canyon National Park.
- National parks and reserves--Interpretive programs--Arizona--Grand Canyon National Park.
- National parks and reserves
- Interpretation of cultural and natural resources--Arizona--Grand Canyon National Park.
- Interpretation of cultural and natural resources
- Geological time--Study and teaching--Arizona--Grand Canyon National Park.
- Geological time
- Partial requirement for: M.S., Arizona State University, 2011Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 66-69)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Geological sciences