This study is a discourse analysis and deconstruction of public documents published electronically in connection with the evaluation of the Advanced Placement Language and Composition Examination, found on the educational website: apcentral.collegeboard.com. The subject of this dissertation is how the characteristic of writing identified as Voice functions covertly in the calibration of raters' evaluation of student writing in two sets of electronic commentaries: the Scoring Commentaries and the Student Performance Q&A;'s published between the years 2000-2010.
Download count: 0
- Educational tests and measurements
- Language, Linguistics
- Education, Secondary
- Advanced Placement Language and Composition Examination
- Bourdieuian Theory
- Critical Discourse Analysis
- English Education
- College entrance achievement tests
- Test bias
- Discrimination in education
- English philology--Examinations.
- English philology
- Advanced placement programs (Education)--Examinations.
- Advanced placement programs (Education)
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2011Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 309-324)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Curriculum and instruction (English education)