The purpose of this practitioner inquiry was to explore the use of Guided Critical Reflection (GCR) in preparing preservice teachers for English learners (ELs). As a teacher researcher, I documented, analyzed, and discussed the ways in which students in my course used the process of GCR to transform their passively held understandings about ELs. Specifically, the research questions were: 1) What are preservice teachers' common sense about teaching and learning related to ELs? 2) How does GCR transform preservice teachers' common sense about ELs?
Download count: 0
- Teacher Education
- English Language Learners
- practitioner inquiry
- Teacher Preparation
- Reflective teaching
- critical thinking
- Teachers--Training of.
- Limited English-proficient students--Education.
- Limited English-proficient students
- English language--Study and teaching--Foreign speakers.
- Student teachers--Attitudes.
- Student teachers
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2011Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 164-173)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Curriculum and instruction (Language and literacy)