More than half of all accessible freshwater has been appropriated for human use, and a substantial portion of terrestrial ecosystems have been transformed by human action. These impacts are heaviest in urban ecosystems, where impervious surfaces increase runoff, water delivery and stormflows are managed heavily, and there are substantial anthropogenic sources of nitrogen (N).
Download count: 0
- Environmental sciences
- designed ecosystems
- Ecosystem Services
- Urban ecology (Biology)--Arizona--Phoenix Metropolitan Area.
- Urban ecology (Biology)
- Water--Nitrogen content--Arizona--Phoenix Metropolitan Area.
- Nature--Effect of human beings on--Arizona--Phoenix Metropolitan Area.
- Partial requirement for: Ph.D., Arizona State University, 2010Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical referencesNote typebibliography
- Field of study: Biology