The deterioration of drinking-water quality within distribution systems is a serious cause for concern. Extensive water-quality deterioration often results in violations against regulatory standards and has been linked to water-borne disease outbreaks. The causes for the deterioration of drinking water quality inside distribution systems are not yet fully understood. Mathematical models are often used to analyze how different biological, chemical, and physical phenomena interact and cause water quality deterioration inside distribution systems.
Download count: 0
- Environmental engineering
- Distribution Systems
- Mathematical Modeling
- Naegleria fowleri
- Water Quality Deterioration
- Drinking water--Purification.
- Water--Distribution--Quality control--Mathematical models.
- Water--Purification--Microbial removal--Mathematical models.
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2010Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 158-168)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Civil and environmental engineering