We study the physics potential of the detection of the Cosmic Neutrino Back- ground via neutrino capture on tritium, taking the proposed PTOLEMY experiment as a case study. With the projected energy resolution of ∆ ∼ 0.15eV, the experiment will be sensitive to neutrino masses with degenerate spectrum, m1 ≃ m2 ≃ m3 = mν 0.1eV.
Download count: 0
- Long, Andrew J. (Author)
- Lunardini, Cecilia (Author)
- Sabancilar, Eray (Author)
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (Contributor)
- Digital object identifier: 10.1088/1475-7516/2014/08/038
- Identifier TypeInternational standard serial numberIdentifier Value1475-7516
Citation and reuse
Cite this item
This is a suggested citation. Consult the appropriate style guide for specific citation guidelines.
Long, Andrew J., Lunardini, Cecilia, & Sabancilar, Eray (2014). Detecting non-relativistic cosmic neutrinos by capture on tritium: phenomenology and physics potential. JOURNAL OF COSMOLOGY AND ASTROPARTICLE PHYSICS, 08(2014)038. http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/1475-7516/2014/08/038