Much research has been conducted regarding the current state of public education within the United States. Very little of that research bodes well for the system’s current circumstances or for the direction our system is headed. The debate stems around two opposing ideologies. One believes that there needs to be more accountability via high-stakes testing and the continuum of the status quo that the country has maintained for centuries, regardless of the effect it may be having on the students’ well-being.
Download count: 0
- Educational tests & measurements
- Education Policy
- Children's rights
- Children's voices
- high-stakes testing
- student well-being
- Educational tests and measurements--United States--Psychological aspects.
- Educational tests and measurements
- Students--Mental health--United States.
- Students--United States--Psychology.
- Students--United States--Attitudes.
- Partial requirement for: M.A., Arizona State University, 2018Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 58-64)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Social and cultural pedagogy