I investigate the Black Canyon City landslide (BCC landslide), a prominent deep-seated landslide located northeast of Black Canyon City, Arizona. Although the landslide does not appear to pose a significant hazard to structures, its prominent features and high topographic relief make it an excellent site to study the geologic setting under which such features develop. This study has the potential to contribute toward understanding the landscape evolution in similar geologic and topographic settings, and for characterizing the underlying structural processes of this deep-seated feature.
Download count: 0
- Geographic Information Science and Geodesy
- Geological engineering
- Agisoft Photoscan
- Black Canyon City Landslide
- DEM Analyisis
- Landslide Geometry
- Structure from Motion
- Surface Displacement
- Landslides--Arizona--Black Canyon City Region.
- Geology--Arizona--Black Canyon City Region.
- Partial requirement for: M.S., Arizona State University, 2016Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 84-87)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Geological sciences