This project includes a recording and performance guide for three newly commissioned pieces for the clarinet. The first piece, shimmer, was written by Grant Jahn and is for B-flat clarinet and electronics. The second piece, Paragon, is for B-flat clarinet and piano and was composed by Dr. Theresa Martin. The third and final piece, Duality in the Eye of a Bovine, was written by Kurt Mehlenbacher and is for B-flat clarinet, bass clarinet, and piano. In addition to the performance guide, this document also includes background information and program notes for the compositions, as well as composer biographical information, a list of other works featuring the clarinet by each composer, and transcripts of composer and performer interviews. This document is accompanied by a recording of the three pieces.
Included in this item (6)
- performing arts
- Bass clarinet
- Performance Guide
- Clarinet and electronic music--Analysis, appreciation.
- Clarinet and electronic music
- Clarinet and piano music--Analysis, appreciation.
- Clarinet and piano music
- Trios (Piano, clarinets (2))--Analysis, appreciation.
- Trios (Piano, clarinets (2))
- Partial requirement for: D.M.A., Arizona State University, 2016Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical referencesNote typebibliography
- Field of study: Music