After the implementation of the racial laws sanctioned by Mussolini in 1938, many Italians Jews looked for safe haven in Argentina and Uruguay. This research study aims to investigate the transnational cultural space that emerges as result of the Italian Jewish diaspora to the La Plata River during fascism. This phenomenon has not been fully addressed by contemporary Jewish Latin American Studies conducted in the US and in Latin America.
Download count: 0
- Latin American Studies
- Judaic studies
- European studies
- Jews--Italy--History--20th century.
- Fascism--Italy--History--20th century.
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2015Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 142-145)Note typebibliography
- Spanish and EnglishNote typelanguage
- Field of study: Spanish