Industrial activities have damaged the natural environment at an unprecedented scale. A number of approaches to environmentally responsible design and sustainability have been developed that are aimed at minimizing negative impacts derived from products on the environment. Environmental assessment methods exist as well to measure these impacts. Major environmentally responsible approaches to design and sustainability were analyzed using content analysis techniques. The results show several recommendations to minimize product impacts through design, and dimensions to which they belong.
Download count: 0
- Environmental engineering
- life cycle assessment
- Product design--Environmental aspects.
- Product Design
- Product life cycle--Environmental aspects.
- Manufacturing processes--Environmental aspects.
- Manufacturing processes
- Sustainable development--Evaluation.
- Sustainable development
- Partial requirement for: Ph. D., Arizona State University, 2014Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 212-219)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Environmental design and planning