Disparities exist among minorities in educational a ttainment. The gap widens when examining access to higher education and persi stence rates among minority males as compared to their white counterparts and minorit y females. The purpose of this action research study was to explore the impact of a recip rocal mentoring model between faculty and minority male students in an effort to examine the effects on student persistence and the students' academic experience.
Download count: 0
- community college
- Critical Race Theory
- Minority males
- Minorities--Education (Higher)--United States.
- Male college students--Education--United States.
- Male college students
- Community college students--Education--United States.
- Community college students
- Mentoring in education--United States.
- Teacher-student relationships--United States.
- Academic achievement--United States.
- Partial requirement for: Ed. D., Arizona State University, 2014Note typethesis
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 101-106)Note typebibliography
- Field of study: Educational leadership and policy studies